Sunday 11 December 2011

How can all my computers have wireless connection with a modem?

I can't figure out how to have all my computers to have wireless connection. I'm connecting the modem to my hard drive right now, but I'm planning on switching to a laptop...it would be crazy to plug wires on my laptop all the time.



Is there a way to have my modem and my wireless connector modem to actually be wireless? (I'm using the netgear wireless modem to connect another computer wirelessly). How can all my computers have wireless connection with a modem?
You should be able to connect them all to the Netgear modem. Don't worry about the number of them. (If it's wireless, the modem contains its own router.)



Hope that helps.How can all my computers have wireless connection with a modem?
if u are plugging it into a hard drive that is just epic failure.



you are going to need a wireless router you can find one at a major retailer like bestbuy, circuitcity (nevermind them), and even walmart
First, its best to understand your terms. a modem is a single connection to the internet, usually connected to a phone line (DSL or dial-up modem), a coaxial cable line (cable modem), or a satellite/microwave line.



You then would use a router to split that one internet connection into multiple local connections (called LAN or local area network), which you seem to have the Netgear for (most netgear's are router's, look up your model number online for sure). Most routers are also wireless access points as they serve the purpose of routing the one internet connection as well as providing wireless reception for laptops.



So to answer your question, since you are already using the wireless portion of the netgear for the other computer, you can simply get a laptop with a wireless card (most times built into the laptop), and connect to the existing wireless network from your netgear.

No comments:

Post a Comment