Sunday 11 December 2011

How do I secure my wireless internet connection?

I want to secure my wireless internet connection so that I can set a password and other people won't be able to use my internet. How do I do this?How do I secure my wireless internet connection?
You'll need to adjust the settings on your wireless router. Usually, this is done using a web-browser like IE, Firefox, etc. You enter the router's IP address (which will be 192.168.0.1 or something like that) in the browser and an interface appears that lets you change the settings. Hopefully, you have a manual for the router, or can download one from the manufacturer's website. That will give you the specific instructions.



If your wireless router and computer support it, you should choose WPA2 wireless security, or at least WPA. WEP is better than nothing and will prevent a casual neighbor from accessing your network, but anyone even halfway serious can crack a WEP password in a few seconds, using easily obtained software.



Use a password that doesn't appear in a dictionary. (Passphrases, e.g., ';thequickbrownfox'; are good and easy to remember.) Better still, include numbers and both upper- and lower-case letters.How do I secure my wireless internet connection?
Ask your nearest internet provider and put into detail what you want,

It is as simple as that.
You just need a good Internet access provider, like Clear, which I have started using in the Portland area. They should have it in your area soon too. The connection will always be secure, and it's more fast and convenient than any other Internet access I've used. I highly suggest it...and it's pretty affordable.
  • web development
  • mac studio fix powder
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment