Sunday 11 December 2011

How should I setup a wireless network in a high rise condo?

I can detect 13 other wireless networks and think this may be affecting my ability to find my own network as well as the speed of the network. I have hidden my SSID and shifted to 802.11n only which helped a bit. Any other recommendations would be helpful.How should I setup a wireless network in a high rise condo?
That's good you hid your SSID. That will stop eavesdropping or somebody accidently connecting to your network. You should also setup your wireless with WPA2 if you can. WPA as a minimum. Do not use WEP! Remember that the WPA2 password must be entered on both the router and the computer before communication will work.



I also want you to watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9KWdOLgy鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment