Friday 22 October 2010

How can I confirm if a wireless network on my wireless router exists?

My newly bought HP dv6000 laptop can't find the wireless network. Do I have to buy a wireless adaptor? The HPdv6000 does have an internal wireless adaptor does it? I don't have any other laptop to test the signal with.How can I confirm if a wireless network on my wireless router exists?
some of those laptops have on/off switches for the wireless adapter. You might want to check that out. It might be turned offHow can I confirm if a wireless network on my wireless router exists?
If there is not a switch try to find the wireless indicator that looks like a tower on the key board. Most likely it is between F-1 and F-12 keys. If it is there, hold the ';Fn'; key down, placed at the lower left side of the key board, and press the key with the little tower on it.



If that fails, call HP and ask for guidance.



Good Luck
There's a switch between the top of the keyboard and the display - it should have a very dim blue light showing through the lines (check in a dark room). If not, press the button once and the light should come on. As long as your router doesn't have SSID Broadcast disabled, or wireless itself disabled, the laptop should find the signal. (If one or both of them are disabled you'll have to connect to the router with an Ethernet cable and enable it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment