Friday 22 October 2010

How can I setup my wireless router as a wireless access point?

I see a lot of different ways to setup a wireless router as a wireless access point (to another router).



I have a U-Verse router and a netgear wireless router, is there anyway I can use the netgear router to pickup the wireless signal from the U-verse, and let me connect to the netgear router to receive internet?How can I setup my wireless router as a wireless access point?
well i wouldn't really attempt that if i were u. as u could completely wipe out the u verse router. but u could connect them with a ethernet cable and connect the one from the uverse router into the computer. try doing that and if u need help im always free.How can I setup my wireless router as a wireless access point?
I don't think the Netgear will do that as it is, you will need to replace the firmware with a linux based firmware such as DD-WRT http://www.dd-wrt.com BUT check the hardware compatibility list to make sure your exact model and version are listed. Also, follow the installation instructions exactly, or you could ';brick'; your router and it will be garbage.

After that, you need to set it up as a repeater bridge.

This isn't for newbies, you could easily do some damage to the router.

No comments:

Post a Comment