Friday 22 October 2010

How do I get Wireless Connection to show up in Network Connections on my wireless laptop?

I am trying to re-install after a hard drive crash and replacement. I have an on-board, factory installed wireless card. There is no wireless adapter listed in Network adapters.How do I get Wireless Connection to show up in Network Connections on my wireless laptop?
You need to go to the computer manufactures web site and download the driver for the wireless card.

You may have to do this from another computer and transfer the file to a flash drive and install it.



Once installed properly it will show up in network connections and in Network adapters.How do I get Wireless Connection to show up in Network Connections on my wireless laptop?
you will have to have a look in device manager and see if the network card shows on there with a little yellow triangle by it. if there is a yellow triangle by it you could try the trouble-shooter, also you could re-install the driver. if there is no wireless adapter present here then you need to contact tech support of the makers of your wirless card.
Yep do what jerry says get the drivers from website sometime windows picks them up sometimes not. Good luck once you get them installed you can do everything as normal though.

No comments:

Post a Comment