Thursday 28 October 2010

How do i make a login for my wireless network?

at my school and at public places in my town when you connect to their wireless network, and try to access a webpage you have to enter a username and a password before you do, even though your already connected to the wireless network. how do i do this with my wireless network?



i have a NETGEAR wireless router?How do i make a login for my wireless network?
this is done with a proxy.



your router isn't involved.



you'll need a pc with an internet connection on one interface and your network on another.



look at: http://linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/08/09/authen_squid.html



smoothwall would provide an easy solution if you have a pc going spare you can dedicate as the proxy. it'll also give you a nice firewall.

No comments:

Post a Comment