Thursday 28 October 2010

How do i stop my wireless phone from interferring with my wireless internet?

Everytime my wireless phone rings it makes my internet stop working and I want to know how to change the frequency so that it doesn't interfere with my wireless internet. I have a mac.How do i stop my wireless phone from interferring with my wireless internet?
Josh,



Wireless phones operate on 3 frequencies: 900MHz, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz. The last two are the same as 802.11a/b Internet (WiFi). If changing the channel on your WiFi access point does not fix the problem (and it might not because most wireless phones jump from frequency-to-frequency across the 2.4GHz spectrum), I would recommend getting a WiFi access point that operates in a band different from your cordless phone (i.e. 5GHz if your phone is on 2.$GHz).



Hope it helps.How do i stop my wireless phone from interferring with my wireless internet?
Log on to the router and change the channel it is broadcasting on.
What dfw2442 said.



The two system are likly using the same frequency. Try changing the channel it is on.
It will not do this if you keep the handset and base a reasonable distance from the wireless. More likely you do NOT have a DSL filter fitted to every telephone outlet with equipment connected as well as the one on the modem or router. This means any phone, answering machine, fax, analogue modem or satellite box.
wht dwfw224 said
  • cheap web host
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment