Thursday 28 October 2010

How can I get my computer to show wireless connections?

I recently restored my computer and it has wireless capabilities. But its not showing me any wireless connection options at all. All its shows is the local internet connection. So I need to know how to fix this so I can locate wireless connections. I also don't need to set up a wireless connection I just need to know how to locate wireless connections around me because that option doesn't show up anymore for some reason after I restored it. Thanks if anyone can help please do.How can I get my computer to show wireless connections?
The answer upstairs is right.How can I get my computer to show wireless connections?
Well my guess for you here is that you have yet to install the drivers for the wireless adapter. If your computer come with a 'drivers cd' that will be the one we need to run to get this working for you. If you do not have a disk for this, then id recommend you go to a working computer and download the wireless driver from the manufacturers website, copy it to a flash drive, then install it to this computer.



The way to check if you need the drivers installed varies by which version of windows you have.



XP: click on [start]; right click on [My Computer]; select [properties]; a new window will open up select the [hardware] tab; select [device manager]; another window opens up any items that have a '; ! '; next to it need the drivers to be installed properly



Vista/Windows 7: click on [start]; right click on [computer]; select [properties] or [system properties]; a window opens up, and in the upper left had corner select [device manager]; your computer may ask for permission click [ok] or [continue]; another window opens up any items that have a '; ! '; next to it need the drivers to be installed properly





Those devices with the '; ! '; should have names that represent the item that they are. on some devices they will be much more vague and your best bet would be to install all the drivers for your model or if you notice something not working right then choose that driver.





Hope this helps.... good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment