Thursday 28 October 2010

How to connect an old laptop to a wireless broadband connection?

I am thinking of upgrading to the latest innovate way of using the Internet the wireless way. But the thing is that I have only got one wireless laptop but have two old laptops which I would like to connect. ....I want to know can this be done and what do I have to purchase in order to connect the non wireless laptops to a wireless connection...How to connect an old laptop to a wireless broadband connection?
Get either a PMCIIA wireless card, or a USB Dongle (also a wireless card). That should get both laptops to work with wireless.



Tip: Get a 802.11G card (a little pricier but worth the cash, extra range and speed)How to connect an old laptop to a wireless broadband connection?
It all depends on the type of laptop and the system spec, but there are wireless recievers you can purchase which are connected by USB.
I suggest that you buy a wireless card for each of your laptops. Use the one that requires only the USB port to connect with.

No comments:

Post a Comment