Thursday 28 October 2010

How can I know what kind of wireless card does my computer have?

I want to know how can I get the correct information about the kind of wireless card that my laptop has. I have one laptop that I bought old with a wireless card included, so I think it should be using a G wireless router, but my friend bought two laptops in different times, newer than mine, but still we don't know If they use N or G. How can I check in the system wich wireless already have included? ThanksHow can I know what kind of wireless card does my computer have?
1. You can find out what type of card/chipset you have by going into the system properties.



Right click on My Computer | Click on Properties | Hardware | Device Manager | + next to Network Adapter. Then you can just look the card up on the Internet.



2. If you are trying to decide what kind of wireless router to buy, go ahead and get the N it is backwards compatible.How can I know what kind of wireless card does my computer have?
Click start, then go to control panel, then click on network connections, you will see all your network adapters including wireless. If you click on view on the menu bar and select tiles, you will see BG or N in gray under the icons, telling you what speed you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment