Friday 22 October 2010

How do I get my wireless working on my laptop computer?

I reinstalled Windows XP and now I can't figure out how to get my laptop to connect wireless. It has wireless capabilities on it. What do I need to do to get the wireless working and connected to a wireless Linksys router?How do I get my wireless working on my laptop computer?
You need the driver for your wireless card.



Go to http://update.microsoft.com/ on THAT computer (otherwise it won't work). Use an Ethernet cable to connect.



The update center should be able to find the right driver. It did for me, it should be under ';Hardware, optional'; when it finishes the search.



Unfortunately, Windows does not restore the drivers when you reformat.How do I get my wireless working on my laptop computer?
Ahhhh, its a common problem when reinstalling windows xp sometimes drivers don't work out on the install, all you need to do install drivers



If you give me best answer, you can email me and tell me you laptop model number, brand, SN Number, whatever it takes to get the driver
go to the pc's web site (dell,hp etc) and go to support then drivers and software or downloads and there should be a search there to find the same model and # of your pc. then find the drivers that you need and follow the instructions.Make sure that there for your OS (XP,Mac.Vista,7,Linux). good luck. also try the Windows Update site and choose ';custom install'; and it may have them there.
well you need to install the drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment