Thursday 28 October 2010

How can I connect wireless internet in my home with a laptop?

Okay I have one laptop and so does my brother. And we have a wireless router and modem and paying for highspeed internet.

NOW,

I always connected internet on my laptop with a desktop plugged into the router and then into the wireless router.

Now the desktop doesnt work and i want to throw it away, Can i still get wireless internet w/out the desktop being plugged in? How do I do this?How can I connect wireless internet in my home with a laptop?
You need a router. If your laptop was getting Internet connection through your desktop, you were probably using Internet connection sharing. Routers are devices that share the Internet connection. It works much better with routers than piggy backing computers.



I know everybody likes to go wireless, but I highly recommend novice users stay away from it if you do not need to be 100% mobile. Check this video out: http://www.cnet.com/4520-7390_1-6274537-鈥?/a>

A lot of people don't understand that you can do this. It is really easy to setup. There is no problems with interference from wireless phones or even a neighbor's wireless. You also do not have to worry about security issues. Newegg.com and Best Buy sells powerline.How can I connect wireless internet in my home with a laptop?
call you internet provider they can talk you through it. yes you can have wireless without a desk top. I dont mess with pc they are screwy sorry.
Desktop is not required.



ISPs modem plus into wall. Router plugs into ISP modem. Desktop also plugs into Router.



That is how it SHOULD have been hooked up. Sure it isn't hooked like that now?



If your desktop isn't working and your laptops are still working it would seem to be that way. Take a look at the wiring.



If you can turn off the desktop and the laptops still get online wirelessly, you are all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment