Friday 22 October 2010

How to make shared files on a wireless network accessible to only one computer on the network?

So, I just recently figured out how to set up a home network on a wireless network. I was able to sync my new notebook (which runs on Windows 7) to my old desktop computer (which runs Windows XP). However, recently my roommate told me that she was able to ';see'; the pathway to my desktop on her notebook as well. This is not something I necessarily wanted. While I have her assurance she will not look around, I want a little extra security. Can anyone out there answer this question for me:



How do you change or alter the file sharing settings so that the files are only visible on only one computer? Is this even possible? I've been searching all throughout the internet but I have had no luck up to this point.



Thanks,

V.How to make shared files on a wireless network accessible to only one computer on the network?
Once you've shared the folder, right click and properties, change sharing and security, add the PC you want to be able to access the folder and remove anyone you don't want to access it.

No comments:

Post a Comment