Thursday 28 October 2010

How do I get wireless internet on my computer?

I have a PC connected to the net (This one) and an Xbox 360, Wii etc connected to it. I have a Wireless BT Home hub which is wireless.



How do I get another PC halfway across my house, connected to the Home hub?How do I get wireless internet on my computer?
If your PC does not have wireless you will need to buy either a USB wifi adapter such as this

http://www.netgear.co.uk/wireless_networ鈥?/a>



or a PCI wifi card that will slot into a spare PCI slot in your PC such as this

http://www.netgear.co.uk/wireless_networ鈥?/a>



You would then need to set up a wireless network between your home-hub and the wifi adapter - here is a generic link to setting up

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone鈥?/a>How do I get wireless internet on my computer?
if the computer does not already have wireless built in; you can either run a line from the hub to the computer or you can buy a wireless adapter for the computer and it should work that way.
link here
First and formost the computer across the house need to have a wireless card to get a wireless connection.

Or, you will have to run an ethernet cable to connect the far away computer.
You can get a wireless usb adapter that will plug right in to the external pc in the otherer room and be connected that way. They can be purchased for around 30 to 60 dollars Allot of the new desktops have wireless capabilities built in just so you know for future purchases.
I've got a wireless router for my laptop.

idk if that helps any.

No comments:

Post a Comment