Friday 22 October 2010

How do I unblock wireless internet access on my computer?

I am not an admin, and on XP my wireless internet access is disabled. Don't ask why or tell me that if I'm not the admin I shouldn't be allowed to unblock it. I would just appreciate and answer, and answers only! I'd just like to know how to enable it as a non admin (non installable programs would be nice too).

Thank you very much for your time.How do I unblock wireless internet access on my computer?
If you're not an admin or member of the Power Users or Network Configuration Operators groups then you can't do that. There is no way to bypass that. Sorry.



That's not the answer that you want, obviously, but it's the ONLY correct answer that you're going to get.How do I unblock wireless internet access on my computer?
You're welcome. TFTP.

Report Abuse


As you will most likely be blocked from using regedit too you don't have any options to re enable it sorry.
Well first you have to have a wireless card and i'm assuming that you do and if not then get one and follow the instructions on getting it to function proprerly on your system. If you do have one already on your machine one possible reason could be that it is either not configured properly or the driver on it is either nonexistant or obsolete. To find the latest driver for your wireless card you first have to determine what exact card you have by browsing to Start/Control Panel/Hardware Manager. Once you have that information you will need to google it to find the driver.



If you do have a wireless card that is current and configured properly it could be your wireless router configuration (you do need a wireless router in order to have wireless internet. Make sure it is a wireless router and not just a router). I hope this has helped you. It's hard to guess at whats going on without actually looking at the setup but the majority of the time it's something really small and easy that fixes the problem.
  • make rash go away
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment