Sunday 21 November 2010

How can I connect my laptop to a wireless capable printer?

I have a desktop that is Windows XP connected to a Kodak All in One printer, ESP 5. I have a HP laptop that runs Windows Vista. I have a wireless router from my phone company that I allows me to connect to the internet on both computers. So how can I get my laptop to print to my printer? Or do I need to break down and buy another wireless router?How can I connect my laptop to a wireless capable printer?
Share the printer from Windows XP desktop machine. Or setup the printer to be wireless following the wireless instructions that came with it.How can I connect my laptop to a wireless capable printer?
Your printer allows you to print from a Bluetooth device, using an optional Kodak USB Bluetooth dongle, which you can purchase from Kodak at www.kodak.com/go/accessories. Bluetooth allows wireless connectivity between compatible electronic devices.



So it looks as though your printer does not have a wireless connection built-in and bluetooth will not connect to your wireless router anyway. what you need is a mini print server such as this



http://www.eupac.co.uk/Store/Edimax-PS-1鈥?/a>



This plugs into your router and connects to the USB port of the printer



If you want a wireless print server then choose on of these



http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.as鈥?/a>



Alternatively you can connect the printer to one of the computers and ';share'; it across the network. Here is a link to printer sharing

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/article_鈥?/a>



The computer which has the printer is permanently attached must be left up and running for the other laptop to be able to see the printer
acces to your wireless router ping wireless printer if successful then make sure your printer setting is correct then try send a test print from your wireless computer

No comments:

Post a Comment