Friday 19 November 2010

How do I set up wireless internet from my Ethernet cable at school?

At school they give us free wired internet but our current dorm suite doesnt have wireless. We know that others have set up wireless for theirs suites and so we plan to do that too (its only 5 small rooms) but I was wondering what I need. Do I just need a plain wireless router or something else? All our laptops already have built in wireless...



thanks!How do I set up wireless internet from my Ethernet cable at school?
All you need to do is plug your ethernet cable into a wireless router. I recommend NETGEAR (i think they're best one is a RangeMAX) but most other makes do the same job.



Your laptops then can connect to the wireless network which will use the internet connection via the router.



You should get a router set up for CABLE internet and not ADSL as you do not need the input for a phone line.



Hope this helps.How do I set up wireless internet from my Ethernet cable at school?
You need a wireless router I use a Linksys WRT-54G wireless router that also has ethernet ports on it as well. Linksys was helpful to me in setting up my router the first time and this shouldn't be too hard. Please set up wireless security on your router when it is being set up you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment