Sunday 21 November 2010

How to use a Blackberry phone as a wireless adapter?

I have a BB 8300 and I would like to use it as wireless adapter for my computer. Is it possible to use it as a wireless adapter? If so, please tell me the details. Thank You.How to use a Blackberry phone as a wireless adapter?
Your BlackBerry can be used as a modem and plugged into your pc via usb.



Check out this post for information on how to do it:

http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-guides鈥?/a>How to use a Blackberry phone as a wireless adapter?
I work for T-Mobile, and setting up Blackberry (and other) handsets as modems is a big part of my job. I get this question a lot, and unfortunately, the answer is ';no.'; A BlackBerry cannot serve internet to a computer via wifi. It can be used as a modem to serve internet from your carrier's network, but it cannot serve internet from the wifi to your computer.



That said - you can get a wifi dongle that will plug into a USB port for very little money from just about any store that sells computer accessories; it should come with the drivers you'll need to get it to work. I have one for my desktop (using cable would mean I'd have to run wires all over my house), and I think I paid all of about $25 US for it from Tiger Direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment