Friday 19 November 2010

How do I properly set up a wireless network?

I already got step-by-step instructions and set up my own wireless network; but it didn't ask for a password or anything. Instead of a flash drive, I inserted a floppy disk which should work just the same. It said it was finished but i can't find the network! All the other networks I try connecting to are secured (as expected), and I've tried several things. Now im just frustrated and still without wireless internet. What do I do now? Thank you in advance for your help!How do I properly set up a wireless network?
Steps to setup wireless network:



1) connect wireless router to desktop/laptop using an ethernet cable. Connect the PC to port 1 on the back of router.

2 open internet explorer or other web browser

3) type in address bar 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

4) login and password of router should be LG: admin PW:admin

5) name your wireless router (eg. Testhome).

6) turn on security using WEP/WPA/WPA2. (use the highest one available)

7) Input the security password (leg. 123password456)

8) Turn on wireless device (laptop, nintendo wii, psp, etc.)

9) Look for Testhome

10) click connect, then it will ask you for security password, type it in.How do I properly set up a wireless network?
You do have a router, cable/dsl modem, and internet connection (non dial-up), correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment