Tuesday 16 November 2010

How do I set up a wireless network between my home pc and my laptop?

My laptop has a wireless adapter. My desktop does not. We use a usb aircard to get our internet. Is it as simple as adding a usb wireless network adapter to the desktop? Or do I need something else?How do I set up a wireless network between my home pc and my laptop?
The AirCard you have, does that connect to a wireless router that you have in your house?

If it does, then yes, all you need for the Desktop is a wireless adapter. Then it can connect to the router as well.

If the AirCard connects to wi-fi that is provided by company. Like it will pick up on a connection offered by A%26amp;T, or Verizon. Then you need to buy another AirCard or something that will allow you to connect to that same network.How do I set up a wireless network between my home pc and my laptop?
no you can use a usb wireless adabter you can also like the guy above me said get a wireless router you can also buy a wireless card for your desktop its what i did i've tried both wireless usb and the wireless card and the card worked alot better for me
AH YES, this is the same thing i do, I have a telus air card and a desktop and laptop both using wireless. I used the AD hoc feature.



Go and put a USB wireless (WI FI) card and install it into the desktop. Put the USB air card into the desk top. And setup and network connection, depending on which version of windows your using, I use vista and setup a AD HOC sharing (P2P) connection, and enabled ICS (Internet connection sharing). Also at the same time shared files and folders on the desktop to use it as a Server. And shared the printer.
You need a wireless router to connect to your ISP's Modem and then follow the step by step instructions that come with the router
get a wireless router and follow the directions.. not too hard i have that kind of set up at home and i'm happy with it.
ask the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment