Friday 19 November 2010

How do I use wireless internet on my new laptop without paying?

I've heard about wireless routers what do they do? I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff?How do I use wireless internet on my new laptop without paying?
There are some free hotspots, but it may take some doing.



Here in Illinois, the tollway oases have free hotspots. My local public library has free wi-fi access. McDonald's often have hotspots, but there is a charge. I havent checked out Starbuck's to see if they charge.How do I use wireless internet on my new laptop without paying?
You have to pay for wireless internet to be provided...

The only two ways I could think of having free internet is either owning a corporation which provides it and hence you pay yourself for Internet so it's free or you steal it from someone.



Wireless routers connect to a modem and act as a middle-man between the Internet and devices that connect to the Internet through wireless connections.
Go to a free wifi hotspot.
You find a public-access wi-fi spot. There are directories for such sites on the net - just search for it. When you find a place where this access exists, have your comp search for the signal. This presumes that you have a wireless adapter either plugged into your comp, or it is built in. Otherwise, you'll have to acquire one of those.



The Staples office-supply store, and Brookfields restaurant near my house have access for customers, as does the Flying J Truckstop.



Let me discourage you from helping yourself to an unprotected signal without the consent of the person broadcasting it. I know of at least one case where an individual was arrested for this behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment