Sunday 21 November 2010

How can I test if my computer is set up properly to receive Wireless Internet?

I have a Compaq Presario with Windows Vista. The HP Wireless Assistant is on, the Wireless LAN is on and the Blue LED to indicate that the wireless LAN is on is illuminated. When I try to access a wireless network in two known locations, I get the message ';Windows cannot find any networks';. Others can access from their computers.



What could be wrong and what do I need to check?





Help!How can I test if my computer is set up properly to receive Wireless Internet?
Personally I would turn off the 3rd party wireless program, and use the Windows wireless management, as it is usually much better than any of the 3rd party programs.How can I test if my computer is set up properly to receive Wireless Internet?
Bad wireless card would be my guess.
Could be a lot of things:



Bad wireless card.



Wireless card connection loose.



Wireless adapter driver corrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment