Sunday 21 November 2010

How to fix a netgear wireless router to make the internet connection stable?

I just set up a wireless router and the internet is so flaky. It keeps on going on and off all the time. It doesn't show that the connection is gone but when you are browsing webpages, u get stuck and a no connection webpage shows. when i refresh it..it works fine. Is there anyway to fix this?How to fix a netgear wireless router to make the internet connection stable?
These kind of questions usually require a 1-to-1 help with one question after another. Why not you try asking in Internet %26amp; Networking Forum like GeekPolice.net... Specifically here:



http://www.geekpolice.net/internet-netwo鈥?/a>



The help they provide there is free and very professional, I recommend you give it a try.How to fix a netgear wireless router to make the internet connection stable?
I have a netgear router and I had a similar problem. I used to reset the router and sometimes I would reset the modem. That helped for awhile. The connection would come back and be fine. Double check the placement of your router in the house. Make sure it is set on a shelf high off the ground and away from the modem. Also check for any possible interference that could be affecting the router. Cell phones, microwaves, thick walls, and doors could be affecting the transmission. I would try moving the router and see if that makes a difference. I had to move mine and I haven't had a problem since. Good luck.
Return it to the store and buy a Linksys wireless router. I just switched and I am very happy now!



Of course I am assuming that you do not have the same problem when your computer is hard wired (because if you do, then it's the modem).

No comments:

Post a Comment