Sunday 21 November 2010

How do I connect a non-wireless PC to a wireless Mac network?

I have a new iMac connected to the internet via cable modem, and two non-wireless PCs in other parts of the house that I'm hoping to bring online via the Mac's internet sharing feature鈥攂asically using the Mac as the wireless hub. The problem is finding wireless adapters for the PCs that will recognize the Mac's network. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!How do I connect a non-wireless PC to a wireless Mac network?
I would suggest going ahead and buying a AirPort Extreme or at least an AirPort Express base station in order to create your wireless LAN.



Using the Computer-to-Computer network feature is not something you want to rely on for a long term solution on any platform whether it be Apple or Windows platform.



You'll also have to buy WiFi adapters for the two non-wireless PCs. I suggest that you get adapters that are 802.11n compliant, since the AirPort Extreme or Express both support it in addition to G and B if you like.How do I connect a non-wireless PC to a wireless Mac network?
check with the computer shops. Let them know your requirements. There are lots of wireless adapter available in the market....good luck...jexter@eastern.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment