Sunday 21 November 2010

How to set up a wireless internet connection in my room from a verizon modem?

i want 2 use the internet on my computer in my room but i don't no how 2 make a wireless connection from the modem in my living room 2 my computer in my room. Plz give me step by sstep info.How to set up a wireless internet connection in my room from a verizon modem?
well, from your modem you need to get a wireless router or access point.





i'd say so you don't have to set up the extra stuff you should get an access point. you plus the cat5 cable coming from your (im guessing dsl modem?) into your acess point. you should have a wifi signal coming from that access point. from that ap you need to log in to it by conneting onto its factor wifi network and type in the ip address given to you by the manual and then use the factory defaulted user name and password to configure it. for the most part you don't need to to do the extra stuff, BUT, you should protect your network

No comments:

Post a Comment