Friday 19 November 2010

How can I connect my wireless Linksys to another wireless Linksys router?

the problem is they only have wireless access in the house, and I dont have a wireless card for my desktop-- i do have a wireless router however.. how can i connect the two to get internet access on my desktop?How can I connect my wireless Linksys to another wireless Linksys router?
You can't. Wireless routers by default, do not talk to each other, only to ';Clients';. There are routers made that will do various modes, but most box-store routers are not made for that mode.

There is some custom software that can turn a Linksys router to a ';AP Client';, but it is device specific. You cannot go back to being a regular ';Linksys'; once you convert the router to the custom DD-WRT software.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/ha鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment